Monday, April 25, 2011

It's Good Being Green

One of the things I knew I would miss when we sold our home was the fantastic garden my hubby built - it was such a joy to pick tomatoes with the girls and watch them eat green beans straight from the stalk.  In a world of pesticides and growth hormone, it's also nice sometimes knowing where your food came from...

Luckily, our new home is across the street from a friend of ours who happens to be a farmer when he's not torturing people with root canals (yikes).  Not only do we get to enjoy the spoils of his gardens, but he brought over some large tubs one afternoon, some "rocket fuel" (aka manure), and some seeds...

A little water, a little sun, and a little love later...


Sugar Snap Peas...


Cherry Tomatoes...


Carrots...


Romaine Lettuce...


And Green Beans!


Even better?  I took these photos a couple of weeks ago and now, the plants are even bigger!  Not only that, but we've got blooms on our tomatoes and peas (the first pea has grown too)!

Having this little garden in the corner of my yard is such a joy... I hope we'll soon be able to enjoy the fruits of our neighbor's labor!  If these cherry tomato plants produce like my last ones, there'll be some salso-making for sure...

Have a great (and green) week!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me! Your comments are the chips to my salsa... can't live without 'em! Thanks so much for taking the time to chat!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails