Monday, April 11, 2011

On Deck... the March Bag!

I just finished up an order of my signature felt cookies so now I'm ready to settle back in to some pending projects.  The first project on deck is the March Bag from Fourteen May, from the fabulous Melissa Mortenson of The Polka Dot Chair.  I've been eyeing this pattern for a while, so when I got the itch to make a new bag, I pulled it out of my "Stuff to Make" list.

Oh what, like I'm the only one with one of those?

I purchased the pattern last week with all intentions of getting started right away, but the fabric search has haunted me.  You see, I think Melissa's version is pretty much fabulous the way it is and I can't seem to find any fabric combos that I like better than the original:

photo credit: Melissa Mortenson

See what I mean?  Perfection, right?  I'm working on obtaining these fabrics as we speak through some suppliers on Etsy.  (That Amy Butler polka dot fabric is not too easy to find...)  Hopefully this bag will be gracing my arm soon!

How about you?  Are you working on a new bag for spring?

1 comment:

  1. I think one of these bags should grace TT's arm as well :)

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me! Your comments are the chips to my salsa... can't live without 'em! Thanks so much for taking the time to chat!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails