Wednesday, August 31, 2011

The Point of No (Painting) Return

I've gone and done it.

I've begun the process of repainting my office, which means there is no turning back anymore.  Last night I layed out the dropcloths, moved furniture (and boxes - for shame!), removed switchplates, and got to work.



I got most of the room primed last night - I would've finished it all but the smell was starting to get to me.  I have only about 1 wall's worth left to prime and the ever-popular cutting-in step (yes, I'm doing it after I paint the walls rather than first).  I don't think I'm going to enjoy cutting in around the plantation shutter...

This room will be a complete paint makeover, as I'm not only changing the wall color, but will be changing the trim color as well and repainting the ceiling.

Sounds like fun, right?

This is the first time I've painted in a long time.  My hubby and I repainted nearly every room in our first home - and that was nine years ago!  I admit it - it was much easier accomplishing the painting before the two littles came along.  That's okay though - it's much more rewarding to enjoy a room remodel with these two cuties.

So next up?  Finish priming (maybe tonight)? and then paint that ceiling to prevent any drips onto my new gray walls...

If you're not doing anything, care to join me?!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me! Your comments are the chips to my salsa... can't live without 'em! Thanks so much for taking the time to chat!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails