Monday, August 8, 2011

Tablecloth Tuesday!

Our dining table belonged to my grandparents.  It's dark cherry wood, a style that was symbolic of the era during which they purchased it for their home from a military source.  I repainted the chairs a soft seafoam blue a few years ago, but the table has remained dark and dreary.  (Perhaps a paint job is in its future?)  To lighten things up for the time being, I whipped up a tablecloth this weekend.  The main cloth is an off white kona cotton, and the ruffle is natural color muslin, left raw on the edges to fray over time.
 

I made a quick burlap table runner to go along with it as well... easy peasy.


I love the burlap, but do tell... how do you get rid of the trademark "wet dog" smell that comes with it?!


I love how much lighter and brighter my dining area is now!


I know the table decor leaves a lot to be desired, but I just grabbed something real quick from the shelf.  I'm hoping one day to have a dough bowl like the Nester.  Oh, how I'm coveting the dough bowl.

How are you dressing your table today?


No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me! Your comments are the chips to my salsa... can't live without 'em! Thanks so much for taking the time to chat!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails