Saturday, March 10, 2012

{Saturday Spotlight} My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia

Happy Saturday everyone!

It's a rainy, gloomy day in central Texas today, so let's brighten it up a little with a Saturday Spotlight on a fantastic loft makeover by Kristin of My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia.

Kristin completely transformed her loft space with the addition of paint and new accessories... and the result is amazing:


You'll never believe that this desk and bookshelf area used to look like this:


It doesn't even look like the same furniture, does it?  I never cease to be amazed at what white paint can do to a dark wood piece.

In addition to a working office space, she included a relaxed seating area for her family:


The color palette is a combination of all of my own favorites: blue, ivory, brown.  Yum.  What a cozy little space to curl up and relax!


Beauty and function are such a great combination, don't you think?

To see more of her loft, visit Kristin's summary.  While you're there, be sure to check out the rest of her gorgeous home and some DIY projects you won't want to miss!

*** All images courtesy of My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia.***

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me! Your comments are the chips to my salsa... can't live without 'em! Thanks so much for taking the time to chat!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails