Monday, April 2, 2012

No Rest for the Weary

If it seems like progress around here has been a little slow lately, well, it has.

I had done a fair job of running myself into the ground by burning the candle at both ends for a few too many days and it caught up with me.  (It also didn’t help that the pollen counts were VERY HIGH for more days than I could count and my head was pounding furiously in response.  Attention oak pollen – you may now leave the premises.)  To say I was exhausted was an understatement.

You know how it goes though:

Print_rosie1

source

I’ll second that, sister.

Many days, my to-do list is sadly neglected, because by the end of all this:

Get up, get ready for work, get the kids up, breakfast, pack bags and lunches for school, sign paperwork, pay bills, drop the girls off at school, commute to work, put in an eight+ hour day, commute back home, pick up the girls, dinner, gymnastics, church, homework, laundry, housework, bath time, story time, bedtime…

I’m pooped.

And sometimes those to-dos need to be separated into have to-dos and want to-dos… lately, the latter have not seen a lot of action other than moving down the list. 

And that’s okay.  Cause my have to-dos also include:

loving, snuggling, smooches, hugs, giggles, growing, smiling, tickling, making memories.

And that’s awesome.

But now that I’ve recovered somewhat from the allergy attack from hell and the bit of a funk I fell into:

Print_rosie2

source

It’s time to get back to business… cause those want to-dos?  They refresh and re-energize me in a way that’s quite the opposite of rest.  As difficult as that is to explain, I’m sure you other creative folks know what I’m talking about.  There’s just something so stimulating about seeing a creative vision come to fruition, as if it were an extension of your very being.

There’ll be no resting on our laurels here…

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me! Your comments are the chips to my salsa... can't live without 'em! Thanks so much for taking the time to chat!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails