Thursday, July 19, 2012

Paint-Dipped Camp Stools!

Recently, I was commissioned to give a little make over these time-worn camp stools:

120 121

So a cheerful little make-over they did receive!

turquoise yellow and green stools

After doing a little prep work of cleaning, sanding, and priming, these two little stools were given fresh coats of paint, including fun paint-dipped ends!  Polycrylic was brushed on for added protection.

The owner did not want the original fabric slings to be removed, so I cleaned those up the best I could and then made coordinating slipcovers that can be removed and laundered as needed.

turquoise and yellow stool 1

For this stool, I backed a pretty turquoise damask print with white kona cotton and added tabs with snaps to secure around the stool edges.

turquoise and lime stool

This slipcover is a lime green dot print backed with white kona cotton and secures with matching ties.  I also added elastic along the sides to give a ruffled effect.  (BTW – someone who shall remain nameless completely forgot to add the ties before sewing and topstitching and now has a coordinating pillow on her couch.  Please tell me I’m not the only one who has done this!)

turquoise and yellow stool

Here they are, ready for their new home!

Such a fun little project for my first commissioned work… (thanks Jenny for allowing me to take your creative ideas and run with them!)

turquoise and lime green stool

Linking up here:

Transformation Thursday

Freckled Laundry

The 36th Ave.

3 comments:

  1. Those are adorable! I'm curious, I've been seeing the paint dipped legs on things and wondered, do you actually "dip" them in the paint or do you use a brush to give it that look?

    I have a little camp stool that I wanted to give a makeover to, I really love the slip cover idea for the top!

    Tania

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are awesome! I love everything about them...including the dipped legs that I die for lately. Thanks for sharing with air your laundry friday! xo Jami

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Rhonda! Just wanted to let you know that I featured these! xo Jami

      Delete

Talk to me! Your comments are the chips to my salsa... can't live without 'em! Thanks so much for taking the time to chat!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails