Thursday, January 31, 2013

Saying Goodbye

Tomorrow, our family will say goodbye to my husband’s grandfather.  I am so grateful that my children were able to know him and love him, as they didn’t get that chance with my grandpas, who were gone long before my babies came along. 

When we went to visit him at Christmas, he was having a really good day.  He was alert, he was more himself than ever, and what he wanted more than anything was “some good Dutch food”.  I have a feeling I know what he ate for his first heavenly feast.

We love you Wes, and have joy in knowing we will see you again one day.

wes

1 comment:

  1. I'm so sorry for your loss Rhonda. My kids didn't get to know their grandfather, or any of my grandparents, so I know how precious that is. {{Hugs}} to you

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me! Your comments are the chips to my salsa... can't live without 'em! Thanks so much for taking the time to chat!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails