Wednesday, August 28, 2013

DIY Custom Pencils

With school starting up again, you know what is sure to follow… homework.

*groan*

I can hear myself  kiddos complaining already about spending the evenings working on math problems and spelling, so I thought maybe I could encourage some homework enthusiasm with these DIY Custom Pencils.

home.made. DIY Custom Pencils

These are so quick and simple to make that you can whip out a few in less than five minutes.  All you need are pencils and washi tape (I found mine at Hobby Lobby).

home.made. Washi Tape Pencils

I added tape horizontally and vertically, simply lining up, smoothing down on the pencils, and trimming with scissors.

My youngest wanted to decorate her pencils too… I think I love her pencils even more than the ones I did, because they are perfectly imperfect, the result of a child’s excited, little fingers carefully wrapping tape around the pencil just like her mama.

Washi Pencils

I find it amazing that although I’m not the one returning to school, my children are teaching me some of the most important lessons in the everyday moments of life.

Mustache washi helper

So grab some washi tape and your little ones… decorate some pencils, let go of your image of perfection, allow your children to be creative, and wear a mustache (or two).

Then remind them it’s time to do their homework.

Hope you’re having a wonderful week!

Linking here:

Savvy Southern Style

Inspire Me Please Party

The Inspiration Gallery

Fabulously Creative Friday

Somewhat Simple

Whipperberry

Tatertots and Jello

Funky Junk Interiors

Too Much Time

I Heart Naptime

Three Mango Seeds

The Sunday Showcase

Home Stories A to Z

Inspiration Exchange

Power of Paint Party

The Scoop

Tuesday’s Treasures

The 36th Avenue

Transformation Thursday

Be Different Act Normal

It’s Overflowing

Beneath My Heart

Happy Housie

2 comments:

  1. Oh I LOVE this photo Rhonda - she looks just like you!!!
    Have a great day!
    XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, love the last pic. This is a great idea though. Thanks for sharing! Stop by my Friday's Five Features tomorrow and link up this post (and others)! http://diy-vintage-chic.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me! Your comments are the chips to my salsa... can't live without 'em! Thanks so much for taking the time to chat!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails