Friday, August 30, 2013

{Friday Faves} IKEA

Whoop-whoop!  It’s Friday friends… let’s get this weekend started!

A couple of weeks ago I spent the weekend with my sister and we made the trek into Houston for a fun day with my girls.  Knowing that an IKEA was nearby, we were sure to make a stop there as well. Ya’ll.  I have not been to an IKEA store in a very long time and I was blown away!  Today’s Friday Faves are a few things from IKEA that came home with me and a few things that want to come live with me…

IKEA finds

This aqua SOCKER vase set had me at hello.  These put off more of a country chic vibe than the typical modern IKEA housewares – they go perfectly with my Aqua and White Hutch in my kitchen.  I’m on the lookout for something great to put in them… any ideas?

Next up are these fabulous faux potted boxwoods:

IKEA boxwoods

I bought three of these and am kicking myself that I didn’t get more ($4.99 a pop, baby!).  Super deal.

I actually have had this IKEA rail for a while – the rail and the basket are from the FINTORP series.  I bought the tin containers from the Target dollar bin and my new faux boxwoods are a perfect fit.  Now to find something for that basket, right?

I also brought home some feather pillow inserts that were a steal at $6.99.  Seriously, that has to be the best deal on pillow inserts ever.  And feather, not polyfil, so they’re super squishy and soft!

fjadrar-inner-cushion__23250_PE102434_S4

I purchased a fun sheepskin rug for the neverending room makeover for my oldest.

rens-sheepskin__28331_PE097271_S4

Remember my sofa dilemma?  I decided to go with the EKTORP sofa/chaise in Svanby Beige – it should be here within the next month.  I’m so impatient for it to get here, especially after sitting on the store model and falling in love.

ektorp-loveseat-and-chaise-lounge__0107781_PE257554_S4

I loved this wicker chair as well… I didn’t bring it home that day because there wouldn’t be room in my car, and then I found out it can’t be ordered online.  *sob*  Luckily my awesome sis has offered to pick it up for me when she visits IKEA again.  She’s pretty rad like that.  (Does anyone eve use the word rad anymore?  Cause, well, it’s rad.)byholma-marieberg-chair__0152745_PE311056_S4

So, was that enough to convince you that IKEA is fabulous?  I’m so happy with the things I’ve already purchased for my home and I love, love, love the price point.  I can buy all of these things I’ve featured for less than a single sofa from a store I shall not name but rhymes with Lottery Yarn.  Know what I mean?

Hope you have a great weekend!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me! Your comments are the chips to my salsa... can't live without 'em! Thanks so much for taking the time to chat!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails