Tuesday, December 3, 2013

My First Craft Show

This past weekend, I participated in my very first craft show at a Christmas event in my hometown.  While it was a lot of work putting things together over the prior two weeks… it was the realization of a tiny dream that I’ve been holding onto for a while.  I thought I’d share a little bit of my experience with you, since you guys are such a big support.

If you follow me on Instagram, you already had a peek at my booth this weekend but here it is again:

photo (51)

The booths were set up in a really nice stable – this wood wall was a perfect backdrop for my items.  I brought along some custom growth charts.

photo (54)

I made some fun fabric garlands.

photo (53)

There were clay tags and glass glitter garlands.

photo (55)

And clay bird, owl, and feather baubles, along with some hand-painted signs.

photo (52)

It was a fun time and a good show.  I was able to sell enough items to make it worth my while, and while it wasn’t what I’d call a huge success, I’m happy with it overall.  It helps that this was my first show so I didn’t really have any expectations coming into it.  Really, I’m just excited that my items will be in others’ homes this holiday season.

I do have some clay tags and jewelry remaining, which I plan to photograph and place in my Etsy shop soon.  The glitter garlands all sold (thanks Riley!) but if any of you would like to custom order, just email me and we’ll talk ;).  I also have a couple of the fabric garlands left so I might place those in the shop as well… if you’re interested, let me know as well.

Have you participated in a craft show before?  Would you do it again?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me! Your comments are the chips to my salsa... can't live without 'em! Thanks so much for taking the time to chat!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails